Local Outreach .. Community Partnerships
FEFC Partnerships with Non-Profits
- Crittenton Services. Activities Coordinator: Regail Carr; firstname.lastname@example.org. Location: 801 E. Chapman #200, Fullerton 92831. Church contact: Jay Williams 714-257-4380; . Ministry opportunities: cookie crews (once a month); birthday crew (once a month); welcome baskets, cottage parties, etc.
- Pathways of Hope (Fullerton Interfaith Emergency Services). Director: Maria Avellaneda 714.680.3691. Church contact: . Programs: local Foodbank and transitional living shelter.
- Grapevine Outreach. Director: Donna Morz 714.447.3189, . Church contact: Walt Williams 951.313.8761, . Outreach to abused children and women through crafts, Bible study and relationships. Service opportunities: help with crafts, teach Bible studies, interact with students, organizational and clean-up assistance.
- Sheepfold Ministry. Volunteer Director: DeAnne 714.237.1444, . Shelter, refuge and new beginning for abused women and their children. Homes in Brea, Anaheim; thrift store in Orange. Church contact: Jay Williams. Ministry Opportunities: adopt a family, work projects at local sites; seasonal service opps abound.
- HIS House in Placentia. Director: Teri Niebuhr 714.993.5774, . Reaching out to the homeless population with transitional living. Church contact: .
- Habitat for Humanity of Orange County. Neighborhood revitalization, Alex Osborn: Sharon Ellis 714.434.6200 ext. 212, . Church contact: email@example.com. Ministry opportunities: helping construct a house; helping choose a worthy family; helping to train and equip home owners; donations towards the project.
- Teen Moms. Church contact: Jeanette Jimenez 714.579.1028, . Ministry opportunities: help with childcare, help at Bible study.
- Solidarity. Volunteer coordinator Erin Pifer 714.924.4186, , wwwsolidarityrising.org. Church contact: Jay Williams 714-257-4380, . Ministry opportunities: one-on-one tutoring, 1-2 hours a week at the Garnett Community, Maple or Richman Centers: 1 hour a week helping with soccer program.
- Royal Family Kids Camp. Church contact: Connie Hutchinson, . Annual summer camp for kids ages 5-11 coming from group homes in August; volunteer as camp counselor for the week. Teen Leadership Camp (TLC), every spring (June) we offer a weekend camp experience for teens ages 12-17. Volunteers are needed for camp counselors. Royal Family Club (Club) is offered for kids who have participated in the RFKC in the summer and are open to ongoing mentoring. The mentoring program runs from Sept-May and is a 9 month commitment for mentors within the Royal Family Kids Camp program.
- Maple Elementary School in Fullerton. Principal: Susan Mercado 714.447.7590. Tutoring Director: Jessica Humes . Volunteer 1 hour a week on Thursdays from 2:30 -3:30pm for one-on-one tutoring for a selected student for 10 weeks. Supervision and training provided.
- Birth Choice Pregnancy Centers Inc. Director: Jessica Rigdon, Placentia, 714.524.5545,
. Includes pregnancy testing and counseling, referrals, education and support groups. Volunteer opportunities include: pregnancy consultants (1 year commitment, 2-3 hours a week),office help, church representative, abstinence training presenter. www.birthchoiceclinic.org. 714.870.7294,
- Hoopstars. Church contact: Connie Hutchinson, . From November to January each year. Volunteer opportunities include one-to-one assistance for athlete (i.e. pushing a wheelchair, coaching, score keeping, refereeing, set up and take down at Ev Free Fullerton church gymnasium.
- Meals on Wheels. 714.871.2200. Church contact: Jay Williams. Weekday delivery of meals to needy persons. The opportunities to deliver are once a month, once a week, daily or as a call in substitute. Deliveries are made between 10am and 2pm each day.
- Emergency Cold Weather Shelter Program 400 South Brookhurst (Brookhurst/Valencia) in Fullerton. Volunteer coordinator: Asleigh Anderson, , 714.836.7188 x102. Church contact: . Help with check-in and food distribution and set-up. (Program runs from Dec to March each calendar year.) Clients stay at the Fullerton and Santa Ana Armories. Our church hosts the program 4-6 days in the winter months during black out days at the local armories.
- Casa Teresa is a non-profit organization that has been supporting homeless, pregnant women, 18 years and older, for the past 30 years. Volunteers are always appreciated and in particular join in and assist with our bible study for graduates of the program. Contact Judy Fox . We also now offer Bible studies for residents in the Parenting Program as well as the Second Step Housing. Email: Amy Nissan for more details, .
- Orange County Juvenile Hall. There are many wasy to serve this population in our county. Volunteers are needed for ongoing ministries such as bible studies, and musical groups for Sunday worship. Contact John Schaefer or Sheri Snyder, the volunteer coordinator for the protestant chaplains office 714.935.6365 . You can also participate in the annual Christmas Pageant event at the Hall, contact Sheri Synder for this as well in early December.
- Up and Running Again: President Steve Tierney, 310.818.3240, ; Assisting homeless persons and at risk kids to improve their lives by training for and running a half-marathon.
- WTLC (Womens transitional living Center) Church contact: Jay Williams, . Reaching out to abused women and children in this Fullerton based residential program. See www.wtlc.org for more info.