Here at EvFree, we not only do we have an amazing gymnasium used for a variety of sports and teams, we also have a handful of sports clubs aimed at recreation, community building and evangelistic opportunity.
We encourage you to sign up when new seasons are announced for basketball and softball, or join one of the clubs or teams that are up and running year round.
And we'd love your help in the following volunteer positions:
- Registration Staff
- Timers (basketball league)
- Scorekeepers (basketball league)
- Referees (basketball league)
- Banquet Planning Volunteer
If you want to get involved or if you have any questions about Sports Ministries, contact Heather Freeman at the church.
Basketball leagues are offered three times a year on Monday nights. Every effort is made to ensure that registration fees are affordable.
Anyone who calls this their church home is invited to participate as are people from other churches. In addition, a strong emphasis is placed on inviting friends, neighbors and family members to play who may not regularly attend church. Many who are not comfortable attending a church service may be both interested in and eager to be joining a church-sponsored league. The format on game night includes a pre-game prayer given by a team captain or player and a half-time devotional also given by a captain or player.
Clubs & Teams
What's your sport? Hiking? Cycling? Mountain biking? There may be a group of people in this church who share your interest and who have formed a club to pursue it together. All our clubs are open to regular attenders as well as those who have not yet attended our church . . . in other words everyone!
Pathfinders Hiking Group
Winding paths shall be straightened and rough ways made smooth. —Luke 3:5
The Christ-centered Pathfinders hiking group enjoys spending time outdoors appreciating God's beautiful creativity in nature. We generally provide two hiking activities. (1) Sunday afternoon walks (start times vary with daylight savings time). Currently we meet at 4 p.m. at the Fullerton Courthouse (upper parking level). These hikes are open to adults, teenagers, and children (provided they can handle gentle hills). (2) Throughout the year, we schedule day hikes on Saturdays. These day hikes are usually 4–10 miles in length, and range from easy/moderate to strenuous. For more information about Pathfinders, please contact Pat Knight at 562-697-2959 or (cell) 562-242-8725. Or email email@example.com
Sunday afternoon walks:
- We meet at 6 pm at the Fullerton Court House (North Orange County Justice Center) parking lot (back corner as usual) on the 1st and 3rd Sundays of each month. Address is 1275 North Berkeley Avenue in Fullerton. This is where Brea Blvd. dead ends at Harbor. Go across Harbor (onto West Valley View), up the hill, and take the left-hand turn into the courthouse parking lots, then turn right toward the back of the parking lot, under the pine trees.
- On the 2nd and 4th Sundays, we meet at 6 p.m. at the church parking structure (lower level and near Bastanchury).
- On the 5th Sunday (in the months that have 5 Sundays) we will meet at 1 p.m. for an afternoon walk. Some plan to meet for lunch prior to the walk. Location to be determined. (March 31, June 30, Sept. 29, Dec. 29).
(March 31, June 30, Sept. 29, Dec. 29)
Freewheelers Cycling Club
Our goal is to provide a connection for cyclists for informal bicycle rides. Currently most of our road rides are on Monday or Friday mornings and we vary the length and difficulty to accommodate cycling abilities. Family rides are occasionally planned on weekends or school holidays. If you are interested in joining our group or have questions, please call or email Jon Ingebrigtsen, 714-743-8552 or firstname.lastname@example.org. EvFree FreeWheeler cycling club maintains a list that we use to provide notices of pending rides.